Software Developer with 10+ years of programming experience. Comfortable in large code bases and multithreading development. Write clear, maintainable code. Excellent debugging skills. Eager to explore new technologies.
- Programming: C/C++, Python, Java.
- Others: Media player development, computer graphics, game development.
Staff Engineer, KKStream Limited, Taipei, Taiwan, August 2015 - Present
- Developing an Android adaptive streaming player which has been installed on 100,000 ~ 500,000 devices.
- Knowledge sharing: Monte Carlo Algorithm.
- Knowledge sharing: Neural Network.
Technical Consultant, Next Media Animation, Taipei, Taiwan, July 2012 - July 2015
Provide solutions for iOS, rendering and video playback. Set up projects and improve junior developers’ programming skills.
- News player iOS app.
- Facial expression avatar iOS app.
- Toon effect tool optimization (object labeling, silhouette rendering, CUDA)
- Augmented reality system optimization.
- Facial expression tool optimization.
- In-house video player design.
Game Developer, Self-Employed, Taipei, Taiwan, July 2011 - July 2015
Led the development of an iOS game app (P.R.O.B.E.).
- Set up milestones and development pipelines.
- Developed a universal puzzle game app along with the game engine and editor.
R&D Engineer, Next Media Animation, Taipei, Taiwan, August 2009 - June 2011
Developed computer graphics and vision tools.
- Optimised tool of the light stage to 5x faster using CUDA.
- Developed a direct show filter to reduce efforts of all camera-related projects.
- Developed a tool to speed up face model stitching.
- Knowledge sharing: Nvidia CUDA programming.
- Knowledge sharing: high dynamic range imaging.
Senior Software Engineer, Corel Corporation, Taipei, Taiwan, December 2006 - August 2009
Developed components and applications on windows. Handled rendering issues. Shared 3d rendering knowledge.
- Developed a component to use webcam of laptops as light sensors.
- Developed a standalone TV application.
- Enhanced Direct 3D UI library.
- Handled rendering issues for TV team.
Software Engineer, InterVideo, Taipei, Taiwan, March 2006 - December 2006
- Developed a TV ActiveX component to reduce efforts of TV application development.
- Secured shipment of multimedia application on embedded XP.
Software Engineer, DynaColor, Inc., Taipei, Taiwan, January 2004 - February 2006
Developed Windows applications and tools.
- Developed Windows applications of digital video recorders.
- Developed a Windows application to manage multiple digital video recorder systems.
- Developed an editor to simplify font editing for embedded systems.
B.S. in Physics
National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, June 2001.